Veteran Benefits & Assistance
Originally founded in 1899 as the American Veterans of Foreign Service, the Veterans of Foreign Wars continues to be a voice for returning and currently deployed service members and their families. The Veterans of Foreign Wars is dedicated to supporting those who sacrifice so much for this country, veterans, service members in the US Armed Forces, and their families.
Throughout the State of Alabama and at the VA Regional Office in Montgomery, VFW Service Officers who are Accredited and Certified by the VA fight for the rights of our nation's veterans daily. These highly trained professionals, specializing in all programs administered by the VA, stand ready and willing to provide whatever assistance is required! These services are available at no cost to veterans or their dependents! Nor does one have to be a member of the VFW to receive our services.
From a simple request for a discharge document to a case with complicated issues that may require extensive medical and Court case research, we will exhaust all means to obtain a favorable decision. In the event a claim is denied, we will represent the case through the appellate process to the Board of Veterans Appeals (VBA) and, if not successful, to the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) if warranted.
How VFW Service Officers Advocate for You:
What We Will Do:
- During your interview, WE WILL review your information and inform you of what benefits you should claim and any other benefits that may be available.
- WE ARE trained VA benefits experts with access to VA computer systems to provide you with the information you need for your claim to succeed.
- WE WILL submit your claim to VA promptly to ensure that you receive the maximum benefit to which you are entitled.
- WE WILL thoroughly review your decision before VA sends it to you. The VFW has a 90% success rate in correcting errors, helping you avoid the lengthy appeals process.
- If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your claim, WE WILL help you appeal VA's decision.
Please feel free to contact a VFW Representative for help with filing a claim for VA benefits, VA health care, and all eligible VA benefits at:
VFW Department of Alabama Veteran Service Officer
345 Perry Hill Rd
Montgomery, AL 36109
Phone: (334) 213-3439
Fax: (334) 213-3689
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Our well-trained, VA VA-accredited VFW Representatives are ready to assist you. Please feel free to contact us!
NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS!